Hi everybody! 👋
My name is Yonatan Karp-Rudin, and I hold a B.Sc. in Computer Science from Reichman University.
I started coding at the age of 15 while in school, working with Assembler and C. However, I began my professional development career in my late 20s.
I was born and raised in Israel but relocated to the city of Berlin, Germany, just six months before the onset of COVID-19.
- 👨🦳 I am a senior software engineer specializing in backend development and languages that emphasize OOP or functional programming.
- 🥑 I am a strong advocate for the Kotlin language, particularly for backend development.
- 💻 I have professional experience with C++, C#, Python, Java, and Kotlin.
- 👨💻 I enjoy coding in my free time and aim to do it at least once a week.
- 🎙 I am a native Hebrew speaker (🇮🇱), fluent in English (🇺🇸), and have basic knowledge of German (🇩🇪).
- 🤖 I am a big proponent of automating day-to-day tasks, including automation tests, among other things.
What I'm Not
- 🔻 I'm not a fan of low-level programming. In most cases, developers cannot optimize their code as well as managed memory can.
- 🕸 I am not a frontend developer. I have made attempts in the past, but it's just not my forte 😅
In addition to coding and writing about code, I am happily married and the proud owner of two beautiful cats 🐈🐈⬛.